June 29, 2018

Comments on the final race

One more year the final flight fits within the good results, since it equals the same result of 2014, both only surpassed by the results of 2016.

Here the table of results:

Year      Pigeons  Rec/Enc         % en 10º days                   % total (45 days) 
2014           14/48                                29%                                   20/48 - 42% 
2015           12/59                                20%                                   16/59 - 27%
2016           01/33                                  3%                                   11/33 - 33%
2017           23/63                                37%                                   33/63 - 52%
2018           11/38                                29%                                   12/38 - 32%  

As you know from all the information exposed, the weather suddenly changed on the day of our arrival in Saintes, France, and we were forced to let go one day later at 1:30 p.m., because a clearing was opened or otherwise we had to return with they, since the expected bad weather would be at least 4 or 5 more days and without guarantees of what would happen when that new period arrived.

Do not forget that the Pyrenees are in this release the biggest handicap, what to be closed, the chances of arriving on time are very few and if this were not enough, then they must face the high temperatures of the last journey (50%) where the 35th are reached at 12:30 h. in the morning, to finish between 38º to 40º in the last 350 km.

Despite everything, we hit, but certainly not as we would have liked to guess, but I think the percentage of 29% in the first 10 days, is frankly acceptable for the great hardness of this flight and more in this climatic year so complicated that We're having.

Thank you for your participation and we hope you again in this new edition that is open, where you can choose quota, distance ... and even not lose ownership of your pigeon.

All the information HERE

June 16, 2018

Today the release will take place and we will broadcast it live from Facebook

Good Morning!

The forecasts continue to be met and are still favorable, so we will proceed to the release not before 11 in the morning, but almost certainly
from 13 to 14 h.

As we remind you in the previous days, as a novelty, we will retransmit live through Facebook and release it, so stay tuned to our page

at the indicated times. From here you can access directly to our page: https://www.facebook.com/DerbyCordoba/

We leave the data of the release for the day today:


Meteorological forecast:

Winds: loose from the northwest to Guadalajara.

Clouds: The Pyrenees would be raised with a guarantee of passage from 5 pm.

Temperatures: No problems.

Expected route:

1:00 p.m. Exit Saintes

5:50 p.m. San Sebastián, 290 km to 60 km / h

18:15 h. Tolosa, highest point

7:00 p.m. Pyrenees, Larroana. 360 km

Finally, we will stop to sleep around 10 pm. in Riaza, which is 540 km from Saintes, and 460 km. of Puente Genil.

We will continue informing! :)

June 14, 2018

we wait to make a decision

Los pronósticos meteorológicos han cambiado, mostrando ahora un panorama inestable para el vuelo de las palomas, por lo que hemos decidido esperar y buscar una solución. 

Estaremos atentos a los continuos partes meteorológicos y os mantendremos informados al respecto, pero sin duda alguna, la decisión que se tome será la mejor para las palomas. 

Seguiremos informando.