FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is the organizer of the pigeon racing Derby Cordoba?
- How can I participate with my pigeons?
- What happens after I registered?
- How my pigeons come to Spain?
- How do I pay the registration fee?
- What the pigeon has to kept to your loft in Spain?
- Will my pigeons vaccinated?
- How the pigeons will be transported from the collection point to Spain?
- How I activate my pigeons for the the Race Fuego or Diablo?
- Can I just participate in the Race Diablo or Infierno without taking part in the Race Fuego?
- What are Gratis-Reserve-Pigeons?
- What are sponsored pigeons?
- What are donation pigeons? (Pigeons donate for a good cause)?
- My pigeons made some prize money, how do I get my prize money?
- Is it possible before the Race Diablo Final event to visit the pigeon loft?
- What is the mailing address and the address direction?
- When is the final event with a visitor event?
- I want to get to the Race Diablo Final, but can not speak Spanish or English, so I need help finding a hotel or a flight. Who can help me?
1. Who is the organizer of the pigeon racing Derby Cordoba?
The organizers are Rafael Ruz, Jose Ruz, Joaquin Ruz, Epi Ruz and Robert Fuhr.
Rafael and Jose Ruz are practicing over 35 years the pigeon sport. They won the National Championship several times in Spain with their pigeons. Robert Fuhr joined the team about 2 years ago.
Rafael Ruz is a fanatic in pigeons since 35 years, it's all about pigeons from morning till evening. He takes over organizational tasks and practical tasks, such as liberation the pigeons, maintain and analyses the pigeons. There is no task that this man can not solve. He is the voice of Derby Cordoba and presents it in all his facets.
Jose Ruz, as well as Rafael, is since 35 years a pigeon fancier, he is a special expert when it comes to breeding birds. He speaks Spanish and Portuguese. In the Derby Cordoba team, he has a very important task to create the price list, this means he has to control the maintenance and accuracy of the watches and lists.
2. How can I participate with my pigeons?
There are 3 ways to register.
- Please fill out the online registration form (here it goes to the registration form).
- You call us on the telephone number +34 772 168 226, your contact ist Robert Fuhr, speaking English.
- You mail us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you a confirmation with additional information, such as bank data, transport details, collection points and so on.
4. How my pigeons come to Spain?
After you have fill out our registration form and you got the confirmation of the registration. Please contact the collection point for organize a transport to the collection point. If in your country is no collection point, we will call or email you before sending the conformation to organize a individual transport, with different transport cost from 20 Euro.
5. How do I pay the registration fee?
After you have sent us a completed registration form and have received the confirmation of your registration, please transfer the registration fee to the following bank account:
Account Name: Club Colombófilo PONTANENSE
Bank Name: Santander
Account Number: 0049 0505 17 2111320307
IBAN: ES23 0049 0505 1721 1132 0307
BIC / SWIFT: BSCH ES MM IBO
This information is also available in the registration confirmation.
6. What the pigeon has to kept to our loft in Spain?
-Ring Card 2014
-Copy of the bank transfer of the paid registration fee.
7. Will my pigeons vaccinated?
Yes, against Paramoxy virus.
8. How the pigeons will be transported from the collection point to Spain?
The pigeons are picked up personally by the organizer Rafael Ruz with a transporter. Rafael Ruz will care for the pigeon on the trip to Spain.
9. How I activate my pigeons for the the Race Fuego or Diablo?
If you want to activate all the your rest pigeons of your team just transfer the activation fee on our bank account with the purpose title of your teamname. You will then receive by post or email a confirmation, depending on which option you have selected during your registration. If you want to activate only some of your pigeons (not all), contact us and tell us which pigeon you want to activate and which not.
10. Can I just participate in the Race Diablo or Infierno without taking part in the Race Fuego?
You can participate in the Race Infierno without taking part in the Race Fuego or Diablo. You pay 45 Euro maintenance costs per pigeon and the pigeon flies up to 150 km in the Race Fuego 2014, but does not receive any prize money. At 5 registered payable pigeons you can also send 2 pigeons without additional maintenance costs for these 2 pigeons (Free-maintenance-Pigeon). Then you have to pay a registration fee of 150 Euro till 10.07.2014, if the pigeon is still present after the 150 km flight.
For the Race Diablo the participation is not possible without taking part in the Race Fuego, except if you sponsor pigeons, if some are available.
11. What are Gratis-Reserve-Pigeons?
We know that on the race pigeons will lost, even if we try our best to keep the losses as low as possible, we can not exclude this. Therefore, there are 2 Gratis-Reserve-Pigeons per 5 registered pigeons. The Gratis-Reserve-Pigeon flying all flights till the Race Final Fuego and receives all won prize money, but does not increase the total prize money of the registered pigeons. After the final of the Race Fuego the status of the Gratis-Reserve-Pigeon change to a normal pigeon and you can activate the pigeon for the Race Diablo.
12. What are sponsored pigeons?
Pigeons that a previous participant has not activated or paid, you can sponsor. Activate the pigeon and it flies under your name and all prize money they made you get.
13. What are donation pigeons? (Pigeons donate for a good cause)?
Pigeons can be donated for the team DISGENIL, organization for disabled people. Donation pigeons are pigeons that you can participate for the Team DISGENIL. To participate with donation pigeon, the same conditions apply as normal pigeons (registration fee must be paid), with the only difference that all won prize money of this team goes to the organization DISGENIL for disabled people. The pigeons are listed under the teamname DISGENIL and the pigeon gets your teamname. Every participant can register pigeons for the team DISGENIL.
14. My pigeons made some prize money, how do I get my prize money?
All prize money will be paid by bank transfer, after the final of the Race Diablo.
15. Is it possible before the Race Diablo Final event to visit the pigeon loft?
Yes, you are always welcome to visit us to visit the loft and the pigeons. You also can be here and watching how we liberated the pigeons or basking them. We have nothing to hide and look forward to every visit.
16. What is the mailing address and the address direction?
Hijos de Bombin
Ctra. Aguilar, Km. 93
14500 Puente Genil
Cordoba - Spain
Ctra. A-304 17,5 km
14500 Puente Genil
Cordoba – Spain
17. When is the final event with a visitor event?
The final of the Race Diablo is an event where you can visit us and see how the pigeons come home. Drinks and food are free. In the evening there is a gala dinner, this dinner is optional and costs 40 Euro each person. We recommend not to miss the event.
18. I want to get to the Race Diablo Final, but can not speak Spanish or English, so I need help finding a hotel or a flight. Who can help me?
No problem, we will gladly assist you in finding a hotel and a flight. Call us on +34 772 168 226 or an email email@example.com, your contact is Robert Fuhr, speaking English, Spanish and German.